Workers Compensation

Do know the steps you need to take in the event of work time loss

Let WCB, SBH Occupational Health, and your manager know your absence from work is due to an injury/exposure.


Seek appropriate medical assessment and treatment. This can be done in the SBH Occupational Health office or preferably by your own physician or emergency physician (see hospital policy re ER visits).


Medical notes should be submitted directly to Occupational Health. They should not be given to your Program Team Manager (PTM) or supervisor.